Looking to sell your goods locally, but aren't sure where to start? Want to grow your current business to include selling at co-op grocery stores?
Seeds to Sales 2021 is a webinar designed to give you the hands-on knowledge of how to grow, scale, market, and sell to local food coops in Wisconsin.
Whether you're growing vegetables, raising meat, making salsa, brewing beer, or crafting your own soap, or producing some other good, this free webinar is designed for you to gain better understanding of how to join the food co-op movement growing across the state.
In partnership with Willy Street Co-op, The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DACTP), the Winnebago County Health Department, and Olden Organics Farm, the Oshkosh Food Co-op hosts this all day webinar on Wednesday, March 24th from 9 am-3 pm that will include:
A morning round table of local producers who will share their business development journeys. You'll hear about lessons learned, focusing on the key steps they took to start wholesaling, facilitated by Oshkosh Food Co-op General Manager Jeffrey Thouron feauturing
- Jay Supple from Fox River Brewing
- Paula Homan from Red Barn Family Farm
- David Payne, co-owner of Potters Crackers
- Tracy Vinz of Olden Organics
- Jane Hawley Stevens from Four Elements Herbals.
- A presentation from Megan Minnick, Purchasing Director from Willy Street Co-op in Madison on how to best approach, market, and stock your products in a cooperative.
- Information and a step-by-step guide from Wisconsin DATCP on how to get your wholesale operation compliant and in line with the food safety modernization act, including information on labeling and licensing.
- A presentation from Ann Boyce of the Winnebago County Health Department on how your current food license may apply to selling to food co-ops right now.
Feeling webinar-ed out? Join us during the breaks for:
- Chair yoga! Stretch, move, reenergize with Kat Bettger.
- Fun games and giveaways throughout the day.
- A live tour of the future home of the Oshkosh Food Co-op during the lunch break.
How can you sign up?
- Fill out the RSVP form below to register
- Registration closes February 28.
- You'll receive your welcome packet in the mail by Monday, March 15th.
- Final zoom webinar link and information will be sent on Monday, March 22.
- All presenter slides and information will be provided to you in a link following the webinar.
This webinar is made possible by support from:
Google map and directions