A Gathering Space for Meetings, Events, Celebrations and More
A hidden gem located along the Brio Building's southeast corner, the Community Room features floor-to-ceiling windows that bathe the space in natural light.
Community Room Features
Hosting an event in the Community Room offers a range of conveniences and benefits:
- Complimentary guest WiFi and TV projection screen are included with each rental.
- A separate entrance is available at the South end of the Brio Building.
- Four bathrooms are located conveniently nearby.
- For spring, summer and fall events, the Alberta S. Kimball Patio is available, allowing events to spill outside.
Please note: Use of the Oshkosh Food Co-op Community Room is subject to Community Room Use Guidelines, which are provided below for your convenience.
Food and Catering
Catering is available on-site from The Kitchen, inside the Oshkosh Food Co-op. Options are available for breakfast, lunch or dinner events. Snacks are available for mid-morning, mid-afternoon or evening meetings. Download the catering menu.
In addition to the Catering Menu, the Co-op features a full line of groceries, which can be purchased and served in the Community Room.
Planning Your Event in the Community Room
The room is approximately 900 square feet. Occupancy limits are as follows:
- Occupancy with tables and chairs: 43
- Occupancy with just chairs: 93
- Standing room only: 130
The Community Room can be configured in a variety of patterns:
- Classroom table style
- U-shaped table style
- Auditorium style (chairs without tables)
- Open plan (tables and chairs moved against the walls)
Tables and seating are available for use:
- Five 3’ x 6’ foot tables
- 3 square tables
- 40 chairs available for use.
You may bring additional tables and seating in consultation with the Community Room Coordinator.
Community Room Rental Rates
A minimum one-hour rental is required. Member-owner rental rates are provided as a benefit of membership. All fees and deposits are collected at the time of reservation.
Member-owner rental rate:
- Individual - $20 per hour + refundable deposit*
- Non-profit organizations, community groups and business member-owners: $20 per hour + refundable deposit*
Non-member-owner rental rate:
- Individual - $25 per hour + refundable deposit*
- Non-profit organizations and community groups non-member-owners: $25 per hour + refundable deposit*
- Businesses non-member-owners: $50 per hour + refundable deposit*
*All groups must pay a $50.00 deposit, which is fully refundable if the Community Room is returned to the condition in which it was found. All garbage/recycling and meeting materials must also be properly disposed for a deposit to be refunded. Breakage or damage to property will be charged to the credit card on file for the rental.
Community Room fees will not be refunded if cancellation is received less than 48 hours before the event.
Booking a Community Room Event
For complete details or to book your next group meeting or event, complete the Community Room online reservation form. Please note: The Community Room is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Oshkosh Food Co-op Community Room Use Guidelines
The vision of the Oshkosh Food Co-op includes building community.
Toward that end, we are happy to offer the Community Room for use by individuals, businesses and groups within the community. The Community Room is available to the public, when it is not in use by the Co-op. To assure equitable availability to the Community Room, recurring events may be booked in six-month increments.
The Co-op reserves the right to decline event reservations that run counter to the Co-op's mission, vision or ends. This may include anything that conflicts or competes with the Oshkosh Food Co-op’s business.
All food and beverage served in the Community Room must be purchased from the Co-op. Please ask about available prepared foods options in addition to grocery products. No outside alcohol may be served in the Community Room.
All meetings must end and the Room be restored to its original state by the Co-op’s closing time, unless extended hours are negotiated in advance with the Community Room Coordinator. In that case, additional fees beyond hourly rental rates may apply.