The Oshkosh Food Co-op's mission is to open a member-owned, full service grocery store in the heart of Oshkosh.
A cooperative is a member-owned and member-controlled business that operates for the mutual benefit of all members (in this case, great local food and a healthy community). Cooperatives around the world look to seven internationally recognized principles to guide them. These are:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training and information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community
By adhering to these principles, we stay connected to our member-owners, to our community, and to the global cooperative movement. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
What's the different between a Grocery Store and a Food Co-op?
What else makes Co-ops so awesome?