Helping ensure all shoppers can access healthy food options
What is the Food for All program?
Through the Food for All discount program, enrolled individuals and families receive a 20% discount* every time they shop at the Oshkosh Food Co-op.
Why does the Oshkosh Food Co-op offer the Food for All program?
The Oshkosh Food Co-op wants to help ensure shoppers don’t need to choose between healthy food options and filling their gas tanks or paying their bills. Research studies find individuals who cannot afford healthy food often face increased risk of chronic disease, including diabetes and heart disease. The Oshkosh Food Co-op’s vision is to strengthen the local economy, promote health and build community. This program helps achieve the vision by offering participants the opportunity to purchase fresh, healthy, local options – with support from member-owners and community organizations.
What products qualify for the discount?
The discount is good on most products at the Oshkosh Food Co-op. (Alcoholic beverages are excluded from this discount.)
Who qualifies for the Food for All discount program in 2022?
To enroll in the Food for All program, shoppers may have an annual income up to 200% of the federal poverty line.
Family Size Maximum Monthly Income
The U.S. Government will publish 2023 Federal Poverty Guidelines the week of January 16, 2023. The Oshkosh Food Co-op will continue to use the 2022 guidelines until the 2023 guidelines are published.
200% of Federal Poverty Levels for 2022
Household of 1 - $2,265.00
Household of 2 - $3,051.66
Household of 3 - $3,838.34
Household of 4 - $4,625.00
Household of 5 - $5,411.66
Household of 6 - $6,198.34
Household of 7 - $6,985.00
Household of 8 - $7,771.66
Household of 9 - $8,558.34
Household of 10 - $9,345.00
Each additional person in household - Add $786.66
Is there a cost to participate?
There is currently no cost to enroll, thanks to generous sponsorships in memory of former Treasurer Peter Westort. (In the future, a $10 participation fee may apply.) Once you are enrolled, there is no cost to participate.
When you enroll, you will have the option to become a member-owner. If you choose to become a member-owner, any dividends you would earn in the future will be used to purchase the balance of your ownership shares.
How does someone enroll in the Food for All program?
To enroll in the Food for All program:
- Complete the online enrollment form.
- The Co-op team will review your enrollment form.
- You'll receive a letter with your Food for All number in the mail, at the address you provided.
- If you chose to become a member-owner, you'll receive a member-owner welcome packet at the same time.
How does a participant get the Food for All discount?
Once you have received your Food for All number, you can use your 20% discount any time you want at the Co-op! Here's what to expect:
- Every time a shopper checks out, the cashier asks if they are a member-owner.
- Say 'yes.' (Food for All uses the same technology as memberships.)
- Provide your Food for All number to the cashier.
- Your discount will be automatically applied to your purchase. (Purchases of alcohol are not eligible for discounts.)
How long does Food for All enrollment last?
Participants will be asked to renew their participation once a year by completing an enrollment form to verify they continue to qualify for the program.
How many times can a participant use the Food for All discount?
Once you are enrolled in the program, you can use the Food for All discount every time you shop.
Who pays for the Food for All program?
The Food for All program is funded in two ways:
- Oshkosh Food Co-op shoppers are invited to Round up at the Register to support the program. In the first 18 months of operation, Oshkosh Food Co-op shoppers have contributed more than $15,000 to Food for All by rounding up their purchases to the nearest dollar.
- Additional Food for All funding is provided by the A Cut Above Fund of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, Menasha Corporation Foundation, Oshkosh Area United Way, Oshkosh Rotary Club Foundation and Southwest Rotary Club of Oshkosh Foundation.
If you wish to support the Food for All program, you can contribute to the Food for All Fund at the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, by visiting https://www.oshkoshareacf.org/fund/oshkosh-food-co-op-food-for-all-fund/
Can participants enroll in the Food for All program if they currently receive EBT/SNAP/FoodShare or other food assistance benefits?
Yes. The Food for All program may be used in conjunction with other food assistance benefits and/or coupons from manufacturers.
Ready to enroll?
We can't wait for you to sign up!
*Purchases of alcohol are not eligible for the Food for All program.