Dear Oshkosh Food Co-op Members,
This is the official notice of openings for the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors!
- 4 seats up for election
- New board members announced at our May 25, 2022 Annual Meeting
- Submit your 2022 Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors Self Nomination and Eligibility Verification Form now! (All self nominations must be submitted by 11:59 pm on April 8, 2022.)
We're at a very exciting time in the Oshkosh Food Co-op's evolution. This is our first election as an operating store! That means our board has an increased level of responsibility in overseeing its success. That also means that you could be instrumental in helping grow and engrain the Co-op in our community and deliver on its vision to strengthen the local economy, promote health and build community.
All member-owners are welcome to run for a seat on the Board of Directors. Those with skills in finance, governance, retail operations, human resources and cultural inclusion are especially encouraged to throw their hats in the ring.
This year four seats will be up for election. The top three vote-getters will serve a three-year term. The 4th place vote-getter will serve a one-year term.
Here's how it works:
- Candidates for the Board of Directors election are self-nominated. Check out the Candidate Information Packet for details about the process of running for the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board, including the timeline for the election and general expectations of board members.
- Interested candidate submit the 2022 Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors Self Nomination and Eligibility Verification Form before midnight on April 8, 2022.
- The Board of Directors shares the statements of all candidates with our member-owners.
- Member-owners receive an online ballot.
- The outcome of the election is announced at our Annual Meeting.
- New board members are seated about six weeks later, following new board member orientation.
Want to get a better understanding of the process and what it's like to serve on the OFC Board?
Interested candidates are welcome to attend a virtual info session:
Potential candidates are also encouraged to attend a board meeting as a member-owner guest to observe what the meetings are typically like and what issues the Board discusses. Check out the upcoming meeting times here.
Please send Board Secretary Molly Smiltneek an email if you're interested in attending or would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting to get your questions answered. An email with a link to these forums will also be sent to all member-owners via email.
If you are interested in running for the board, please:
- Review the Candidate Information Packet.
- Complete the 2022 Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors Self Nomination and Eligibility Verification Form and submit it by 11:59 pm on April 8. If you prefer to fill out a Word version of this Self Nomination and Verification Form, please email us at [email protected].
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
Important Dates and Deadlines to Remember
- February 16: Self-nomination and candidate packet materials posted to the Oshkosh Food Co-op website (Don't worry, we'll also send the info out in future member-owner emails!)
- March 9: Candidacy Information Session (Online, 7:00-8:00 pm) Register Here
- April 2: Candidacy Information Session (Online, 9:00-10:00 am) Register Here
- April 8: Deadline to submit self-nominations (by 11:59 pm)
- April 23: Slate of candidates announced and online election begins
- May 23: Online election closes
- May 25: Annual Membership Meeting and announcement of member-owners elected to serve on the Board of Directors
- First board meeting in July: New board members are seated