Dear Oshkosh Food Co-op Members,
We are posting the notice of openings for the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors! Three board positions are open for election in 2017. Board members hold their positions for three-year terms, and elections are held in the first half of every year. If you are interested in becoming a Board member, please see the process for self-nomination below. If you have any questions, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.
Self-nomination for the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors
Note: Please review the Oshkosh Food Co-op by-laws, which are available here: http://www.oshkoshfoodcoop.com/bylaws
- All nominees must be a member of the Oshkosh Food Co-op prior to their nomination submission
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must agree to the Co-operative values and principles: http://ica.coop/en/whats-co-op/co-operative-identity-values-principles
- You must agree to reasonably meet the expectations and responsibilities for board members
Nomination and Election Process:
- Board nominations are open beginning Monday, January 30th
- The nomination statement (see requirements below) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on February 14, 2017
- Qualifying nominees will be placed on the ballot, which will be announced no less than 30 days prior to election
- An election will take place by ballot at the Oshkosh Food Co-op annual meeting (date coming soon). Ballots will be counted and results announced at the end of the meeting
Board Member Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Commit to a three-year term
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in Board meetings (held every other week with the schedule to be determined by the Board members availability, and generally lasting 2 hours)
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in a Board annual retreat (usually scheduled in January on a weekend day)
- Respond promptly (within 48 hours ideally) to Oshkosh Food Co-op Board emails and/or voice mail messages
- Attend the Oshkosh Food Co-op annual meeting, the official meeting of the owner-members of the Oshkosh Food Co-op
- Serve on and/or lead Board committees
Your nomination statement must include:
- First and Last Name
- Address of residency
- What would you bring/offer to the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board?
- What is your dream for the Oshkosh Food Co-op for the coming years?
- Why do you think the Oshkosh Food Co-op is important to the greater Oshkosh community?
- Why cooperatives?
- Please offer any additional thoughts you would like Oshkosh Food Co-op member-owners to know about you
Nominations, including the nomination statement, must be received by email on or before Tuesday, February 14, 2017. E-mail a complete nomination statement to Kelly Matthews, Oshkosh Food Co-op Board President, at email@example.com.
The Oshkosh Food Co-op Board