Dear Oshkosh Food Co-op Members,
This is the official notice of openings for the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors!
- 4 seats up for election
- New board members announced at our April 19, 2023 Annual Meeting
- Submit your 2023 Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors Self-Nomination and Eligibility Verification Form now! (All self-nominations must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. March 9, 2023.)
When the new board directors take office, the Co-op will be approaching its second anniversary as an operating store. That means you could be instrumental in helping grow and engrain the Co-op in our community and deliver on its vision to strengthen the local economy, promote health and build community.
All member-owners are welcome to run for a seat on the Board of Directors. Those with skills in finance, governance, retail operations, human resources and cultural inclusion are especially encouraged to throw their hats in the ring.
This year four seats will be up for election. The top three vote-getters will serve a three-year term. The 4th place vote-getter will serve a one-year term.
Here's how it works:
- Candidates for the Board of Directors election are self-nominated. Check out the Candidate Information Packet for details about the process of running for the Oshkosh Food Co-op Board, including the timeline for the election and general expectations of board members.
- Interested candidate submit the 2023 Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors Self-Nomination and Eligibility Verification Form before midnight on March 9, 2023.
- The Board of Directors shares the statements of all candidates with our member-owners.
- Member-owners receive an online ballot.
- The outcome of the election is announced at your Co-op's Annual Meeting.
- New board members are seated about six weeks later, following new board member orientation.
Candidate Information Sessions
Want to get a better understanding of the process and what it's like to serve on the OFC Board?
Interested candidates are welcome to attend a one-hour virtual info session:
- February 18th at 1:00-2:00 p.m. | In-person Session | Register Here
- February 21st 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Virtual Session| Register Here and Get Meeting Link
An email with a link to these forums will also be sent to all member-owners via email.
Potential candidates are also encouraged to attend a board meeting as a member-owner guest to observe what the meetings are typically like and what issues the Board discusses. Check out the upcoming meeting times on the events page here.
Email Governance Chair Jessica King if you're interested in scheduling a one-on-one meeting to get your questions answered.
If you are interested in running for the board, please:
- Review the Candidate Information Packet.
- Complete the 2023 Oshkosh Food Co-op Board of Directors Self-Nomination and Eligibility Verification Form.
- Submit it by 11:59 pm on March 9.
- If you prefer to fill out a Word version of this Self Nomination and Verification Form, please email the Board of Directors.
Email the Board of Directors with any questions!
Important Dates and Deadlines to Remember
- January 14: Self-nomination and candidate packet materials posted to the Oshkosh Food Co-op website (Don't worry, we'll also send the info out in future member-owner emails!)
- February 18: Candidacy Information Session (In person - Oshkosh Food Co-op Community Room, 1:00 p.m.) Register Here
- February 21: Candidacy Information Session (Online, 5:30-6:30 p.m.) Register Here
- March 9: Deadline to submit self-nominations (by 11:59 pm)
- March 17: Slate of candidates announced and online election begins
- April 17: Online election closes
- April 19: Annual Membership Meeting and announcement of member-owners elected to serve on the Board of Directors
- First board meeting in June: New board members are seated
Still not sure?
Email Governance Chair Jessica King if you have any questions or would like to learn more about running for or serving on the board.